Friday, November 16, 2007

Learning Fast

Being my second posting... I have to set a tone for my blog...

Mine will probably not rival Carl's for wit, nor David's for political content.

My blog is more the sentimental ramblings of someone who's trying to act older than he is.

That being said.

Lisa and I have been married almost 4 1/2 year... Peanuts to some, but an eternity to a newly wed couple. I have to admit, they have been the BEST years of my life, bar NONE.

That being said, Lisa and I are just starting to get to know each other.

My example: I am the professional version of a high school drama king. If I'm not in a professional conflict, I'll make one.

(Sorry, Carl, I know you're the JD, but I'm the guy who keeps your classmates in the courtroom).

When Lisa and I were recently married, I needed a conflict... That conflict came first in the form of looking for employment. When employment was found, the conflict came in multiple jobs. When multiple jobs were simplified into a working schedule of study and work... I became conflicted with the push to finish a masters degree.

Life has simplified since those old days of conflict. I now have a daughter, a house, and a profession... (Now is when you stop and ask "So what's the point of this article?")

My need for conflict has not ended.

As I finished getting my CPA license, I found myself "Conflict free", so I have created one.... I built shelves in the garage, I am fixing the sink, I need to build storage facilities to better utilize the space... And FINALLY (Drum roll please), I have started telling Lisa that its time to conquer my life's ambitions.

In short, 4 1/2 years after Lisa and I married, I've just learned that Lisa wants to live life in about 90 years... I (as you may have guessed) plan on having my own funeral some time next week.

I THRIVE ON STRESS!!!

(I am comforted to know that only half the people that know I have a blog will actually read this.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bill, this is fantastic!! I think this is the most honest and accurate assessment I've ever heard of you. I remember asking David, soon after we were married, why you felt you had to save the world all the time . . . guess it's no secret. Keep up the good work! I look forward to reading your blog, you are already on my blogroll :)